Wed, Mar 29|
Wyndham Resort and Convention Ctr
The Holland Pouch (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
$75.00 with Andrea Hoke of Miss Andrea Quilts
Time & Location
Mar 29, 2023, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Wyndham Resort and Convention Ctr, 2300 E Lincoln Hwy, Lancaster, PA 17602, USA
About the event
Meet The Holland Pouch! Learn how to make a simple and fast quilted pouch with an easy method of finishing the interior seams with binding. No curved seams! The Holland Pouch pattern has three size options, each of which only uses three fat quarters of fabric.
Pattern: You will need to purchase The Holland Pouch – available only as a PDF download from Center Street Quilts Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1192743408/the-holland-pouch-pattern-quilted-boxy
Detailed fabric instructions will be sent after registration.
Basic Sewing Kit
- Thread in neutral shade to match fabric: Aurifil 50 wt works well for machine quilting the body of the pouch, but I prefer a stronger thread for the actual bag construction. Superior So Fine or a polyester thread are good options.
- Strong Pins
- Heavy duty fabric shears
- Utility shears for trimming zippers
- Thread snips
- Seam ripper
Sewing Machine, etc.
- Classroom machines will be provided for you.
- 90/14 Denim or Topstitch needle
Rotary Cutting Supplies
- Rotary cutter with a fresh blade
- Acrylic rulers - my favorite sizes:
· 4" x 14"
· 6" x 24"
Misc Tools & Notions
- Clover Wonder Clips
- Clover Chaco Liner (white only!) or hera marker
- Clover Tailor's Awl or stiletto
- Small square acrylic ruler 2-1/2” or larger
- Marking pen or pencil
· Machine quilting gloves
· ½” bias tape maker
· ¼” basting tape
- Please cut your fabrics prior to class using the chart on p. 3 of the pattern. If you are using a directional print, you may want to wait until the day class as we will cover that.
- We will have plenty of time in class to do the walking foot quilting, but you are welcome to do that ahead of time if you wish.
Any questions?? Feel free to e-mail or call me. Looking forward to introducing The Holland Pouch to you!
The Holland Pouch$75.00+$1.88 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out